Problems with updating to Cubase 12? Please read this first before posting!

Just gotta be patient. I happened to open eLicenser and after it failed update, can’t run any Cubase version any more. Cubase pro vanished from eLicenser entirely.

Realized 12 is out so I installed that, but it won’t run because there’s no license, same reason I suppose. So I suppose the correct path is to 1. wait for the eLicenser to be able to access server and find my licenses again, 2. then try and run the migration to 12 again.

Well I’m sure it’ll work in a day or two. Let’s not get crazy about it. It’s annoying you can’t work on your projects just now, but a day or two won’t kill me. It’s gonna be there. And finally should be able to run it also at band room without carrying that damned dongle back and forth :slight_smile:

Patience!

I was going to work on some music tonight, guess not
e-licencer broken again, so can’t open software I paid for.
Amazing

Where can I find the new Steinberg Activation Manager?

In Windows: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Activation Manager

1 Like

says my cubase pro 12 is activated?

however, its not.. or at least it does not function - i get one option - abort.

This is all very untimely and inconvenient. I have clients who travelled to our studio to work with me today- and I can not even get older versions of cubase to function. I am trying to salvage a session, which makes me look bad, my engineer look bad, and the client frustrated.
I have spoken to chat support numerous times already trying to salvage what I can - but honestly, I should refund the client their deposit and hope they do not see this as our fault… either way… this leaves a pretty poor taste - kinda like dookie in my mouth… I love your product as long as it does not hang my ass out for sharks to bite on it… which is exactly what it just did.

#save the dongle !!!

Matt, i have the exact same issue. only advisable path to resolution is waiting … so we all paid to wait… this is what happens when software is released before it is ready - I would expect more issues soon :slight_smile: I figured I would be able to continue to work on Cubase 11 pro while they ironed out this mess, but that too is not functional now… .so I just turned away PAYING work and I imagine the client will ask for reimbursement for travel and time - I would. What is a minor payroll issue for Steinberg and a tremendous income from patrons like us, has real life repercussions for their patrons - I had a worldwide release yesterday - and today I have this to deal with - not working in my favor to say the least…

My problems started the moment I tried to run maintenance on my e-licenser in preparation for trying to sort a grace period upgrade to 12. Not only did that fail to contact the license server but in the process removed my 11 Artist licence. So not only could I not get the upgrade I also could no longer use 11. Logging in to the website I retrieved my activation license for 11 to try and get Cubase up and running. Of course, doing that requires contacting the license server…which it failed to connect to.
A support ticket was raised where I was given a temporary license for 11 Pro(?!?) which when I applied that of course failed as well. It’s now just after 9pm and I’ve been trying every so often since 12pm as I know it’s a capacity issue. I’ve still not managed to connect and am completely unable to use any version of Cubase at all. In many ways I blame myself for being over enthusiastic about 12. I should have waited a few days. Harsh lesson learnt but am hopeful I don’t have to wait days and days before being able to get access back.

The dongle/licence only punishes legit users, if I or anyone wanted a cracked version I/they can download it now be rid of this nonsense!

1 Like

Should have expected this nonsense from Steinberg. Thanks guys !

1 Like

I’m really sorry that you’re experiencing delays in completing this process.

The new Steinberg Licensing servers have been working well which gives me hope for the future once we can get the majority of users updated from our creaky eLicenser server.

3 Likes

Thanks!

That instantly activated Cubase 12 for me (I was having zero luck with the eLicenser and Download Manager).

Is this activation complete, or is it still dependent in some way on the older methods?

Also, I still need my dongle for all the other stuff (Halion, Groove Agent, Wavelab, etc.) correct?

Thanks,
Leif

If the Cubase 12 license in Steinberg Activation Manager doesn’t say “pending verification” then you’re all set to go.

Yes, you’ll still need your dongle until the other products we’re releasing have made the transition to Steinberg Licensing.

See the FAQs here: https://www.steinberg.net/licensing/faq/.

I’m a little OCD about it, I can actually use Cubase 12 Essentials but my dongle still says 11 that I can’t upgrade it. I figured now it’s getting later the load would be less, so I don’t actually think it’s the load but something else.

The problem I thought it was, was that during buying the upgrade said I didn’t use a credit card so I thought it didn’t go through.

I’ll try again after another couple of hours.

Paid update from 11 Pro, same problems with eLicenser not being able to connect to its servers.
After many , many attempts at “Recovering”, “Maintenance” etc. for hours and finally losing my 11 Pro license on the USB-stick, I simply removed the USB-Licenser and plugged it in again.

Suddenly everything is working just fine. License recovered with “Not upgradeable” status.
And finally I’m able to launch Cubase 12 Pro without any other hassle.

Hooray … could have been much easier I guess. :wave: :roll_eyes:

Same. WTF!

If it’s any use only stage 6 is failing now on the maintenance for me.

Nah, Steps 1 and 6 failing here

Here it is

I’ve just added an outgoing rule for the eLicenser just in case.

The server has been struggling all day it seems, but C12 installed and old C11 license updated both versions running smoothly after some patience and persistence :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hang on in there Mark, it does work eventually! If not Greg’s going to get an earful on Friday eh?! :wink:

1 Like