Problems with UR22 and Vegas Pro

I was so excited to get my UR22 but am having various problems when trying to use it with Sony Vegas Pro 7. Hopefully, someone can help put the smile back on my face.

1. In Acid, when I set my audio device to Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO my default front, rear and center playback devices become ghosted, even though they say UR22. If I set my audio device to Windows Classic it says UR22 and are not ghosted. If I set the audio device to my sound card ASIO (which sucks hence me buying the UR22) the playback devices are not ghosted.

2. In Acid, when I set my MIDI input and playback devices to UR22 I get the error message:

The output device Steinberg UR22-1 is in use by another application.
The input device Steinberg UR22-1 is in use by another application.

1. If I load a VST instrument I can play notes through the instrument’s interface but can not through my MIDI keyboard (I assume related to #2).

Someone please help. I’m very frustrated.

Can anyone help??

As support mentioned, the front, center and rear devices being ghosted is normal since it has no other options.

As for number 2, what else could be using UR22 that gives me that error?

I installed Cubase AI and everything works perfectly so I don’t get why I’m getting that error in Acid. :frowning:

Regarding

The output device Steinberg UR22-1 is in use by another application.
The input device Steinberg UR22-1 is in use by another application.

Is there a way to find out what application is using the UR22? I’ve checked Task Manager/Processes and can’t see anything running that would be using it.