Process for changing from C6 free trial > "paid for" version

Hi - has anyone done this yet?

I haven’t seen a Steinberg “how to” yet.

Thanks -

Bump from 2nd page, waiting for Steinberg response (or if someone else may have gone through this already?).

Thanks -

Hello,

leave your C6 trial installation as it is, just use the new activation code you bought to download the permanent licence.

Miloslav

Hello Alexis,

The only way to get Cubase 6 is buying the Cubase 6 box. We do not offer online licenses for C6 Trial to C6 at the moment.

Thank you for answering, everyone.

Crohde - Do the box instructions specifically address how to install if the Trial version is already installed?

If not - where can I find step-by-step instructions to do so without hurting the work I’ve already done on C6 via the trial version?

Thank you -

Hello Alexis,

my C6 box is still on its way so, please, somebody correct me if I am wrong but I assume you don’t need to reinstall anything. All you have to do is to download the new permanent licence via eLicenser Control Center. The box will contain an Activation Code for it.

At least, this held for the C5 trial → C5 full transition, if I remember correctly.

Miloslav

Hello, Miloslav!

You will be a few weeks ahead of me in this process … please let us know how it goes on! Though probably it should be the same process as you went through for C5 … one hopes! :smiley:

How are you liking C6? Is anything not wonderful, for example, do you miss anything from C5?

Apart from some small oddities in GUI (e.g., Having a lil trouble w/ toolbar grey/white scheme - #2 by Pixie - Cubase - Steinberg Forums) I haven’t found any problem yet. I’m not aware of any function from C5 which would be dropped in C6. :wink:

Best regards

Miloslav

It would be difficult to get the (whatever it is) gigabytes of content without installing anything. The demo is 3 gb and can’t be all the content so… you’ll have to install something.

Hm, you don’t spend much time reading this forum, then? :wink:

There are several dropped features, together with alterations that, between them, have seriously troubled some C5 users. Some things that worked well and were very useful to some people have gone - hopefully some will come back in later versions, but my impression is that not all of them will.

From mysteinberg.net, I can order to be delivered in the mail, Cubase 6 for $399.00, because I own SX3.

If I go to a brick-and-mortar store, will they give me the same discount? How will they know I am a bona fide SX3 user? (I have an honest face, but it’s a rough neighborhood).

Thanks for any advice!

You have to practice smiling properly before you go to the shop. :sunglasses:

Well, no, you and your face can be as dishonest as the day is short :confused:

What you’ll receive is strictly an upgrade, ie it’ll only allow you to upgrade your current license to C6 - you won’t get an independent, full C6 license.

(I believe) the installation package will be complete and independent of your existing installation, though - so you’d be able to install on a different computer if you wanted to, but you’d need the dongle containing your existing license.

After the upgrade you just have one Cubase license - you can’t run your old version on one PC at the same time as the new version on another - but the license (upgraded to C6) will let you run your old version (and some other versions, including C5) on any PC that you plug the dongle into.

You don’t need to reinstall the Cubase 6 software, just add the activation code to your eLicenser. See here.
Of course, you may want to install some of the trials (e.g. HALion One or HSO).

Thanks for that, Chase!

The only remaining issue then is the cost. Ordering on-line from Steinberg it costs me $399 (US), because Steinberg knows I’m an SX3 user.

The price is listed in brick-mortar store, at $499.

Does anyone know if there is any way to get that $100 savings without ordering on-line from Steinberg?

The only remaining issue then is the cost. Ordering on-line from Steinberg it costs me $399 (US), because Steinberg knows I’m an SX3 user.

The price is listed in brick-mortar store, at $499.

Does anyone know if there is any way to get that $100 savings without ordering on-line from Steinberg?

Steinberg aren’t offering the discount because they know you are an SX3 owner…the price you see is the one for the Cubase SX3 to Cubase 6 upgrade. Find the same thing in the brick-mortar store…the $499 is probably for the full version not the upgrade.

OK, I get the feeling I’m being dense here, sorry :blush: … does the brick-mortar store have boxes for full version, and other boxes for upgrade?

Thanks -

Yes. For one thing the upgrade does not include a USB key…

OK, then - all is cool, I understand, and I’ll wear my “Einstein” socks with pride!!

(Just kidding about that last bit … really!).

Naturally, you must keep SX3 when you install C6, in case your SX3 cpr files don’t work the same in C6.

Hello, chase,

could you be more specific, please? Yes, I have noticed some alterations. But dropped features? Could you refer to them, please?

Thank you

Miloslav