Process for changing from C6 free trial > "paid for" version

I suppose, if you haven’t noticed them, they’ve not been important to the way you work - whole swathes of Cubase features could go missing without me noticing, because I use just a small fraction of the available features.

But, to mention the first three that come to mind right now as missing: colour shading of mixer channels (eg group and FX tracks); transparent events; and the way that MIDI lanes used to work. (This is only second-hand info (from reading the forum) - I haven’t got C6 yet. And I’m not implying they would all affect the way I work.) I believe the transparent events problem has been partially addressed, but with a long way still to go.

(There was also a substantial problem for people working with 48 KHz audio - AFAIK it was impossible to do some particular things at all with 48 KHz audio in C6 - but that was a mistake rather than an intentionally dropped feature, and there’s been a remedy of sorts (ie possibly not fully tested).)

Went to my brick-&-mortar store … they did not have the upgrade C6 package, just the “full”.

So, I just ordered the upgrade on steinberg.net. Wonder where it is mailed from … hopefully not too far away!

Can’t wait - woo-hoooooo!!!

Valsolim - have you received and upgraded yours yet?

And thanks, Chase, for clarifying how that upgrade actually works … :smiley: