Process / Pitch Shift (Help ?)

Maybe you didnt see my edit but Timefactory seems to be Mac only now.

I recommend the article though, it’s full of audio examples etc.

good luck.

Oh yes i see, ta.

Do you know of any very good quality alternatives to Timefactory which will work on PC and with Cubase please ?? i am quite new to this type of technology so any help is appreciated.

Cheers.

Serato Pitch 'n Time. Older review here:

Also (I haven’t read through this whole thread), have you looked at Melodyne?

i had a look thanks but i think its for Pro Tools only.

i just had a look at that and it costs £299, and look excellent. But i think it might be overkill for what i need. As i say, i only really want it to be able to transpose the likes of Media Bay audio files and this has all complex things like Throat and Voice Modelling (for recording vocalists) etc, hence the price. Though in saying that, this might be the ‘standard’ package/price for any software relating to Pitch Shifting.

i really appreciate all this help guys :mrgreen:

i hear that Cubase 7 has sorted out the issues with the Pitch Shifter and so it works a lot more efficiently and accurately (compared to the likes of Artist 6). However, this is just hearsay so any clarification would be appreciated. Cheers.

Hi again folks,

Here is the Waves SoundShifter which costs $500. i have just been checking out lots of different ones. It is half the price of the Melodyne equivalent. Waves make four different dedicated Vari-Audio VST Tools for specific things relating to ‘Transposition’ of Pitch/Tempo and this one would definately be the one for me.

i also found a very good demonstration on You Tube of it.

i still may upgrade from Cubase Artist 6 to 7 Full so i need to check out exactly what exactly comes with version 7. i am currently downloading the trail version version right now. But i am kind of guessing that the factory Vari-Audio facility which comes with Cubase will not be as sophisticated as the Waves version

Thanks a lot…

Paul

http://www.waves.com/Content.aspx?id=284#quote

Has anyone used the QUICK QUACK product before ?? Only costs about 50 quid !! Thanks.