Proejct will not open - dealing with plugin?

Hi all, I looked at some previous topics in which people had similar issues, but didn’t see this specific one. Please let me know if this is in the wrong place.

I’m on Windows 10 with Cubase 9.5.40 (updated tonight in the midst of trying to troubleshoot this issue). I’m attempting to open a project. Earlier, I was working on it and Windows bluescreened. When I reopened the project, Cubase would crash as it loaded up the instances of Kontakt. In trying to fix it, I renamed my plugins folder, so now each time I try to open the project, I have to point Kontakt toward the new location. Everything moves forward as normal until I get to one specific plugin. Whether I hit “skip missing” or point Kontakt to the folder of the instrument, Cubase always crashes. However, if I load up an empty project in cubase, load an instance of Kontakt, and open the instrument, it works just fine. And I’ve tried removing the folder containing the “bad plugin” off the drive entirely, but it didn’t do anything.

Any backups are so far removed from where I was with the project that I’d really prefer to try to open the current version. Have I lost the song? I’ve attached my most recent crash dump. Thanks so much, everyone.
Cubase 9.5.40.259 64bit 2018.10.17 21.22.dmp (1.82 MB)

Hello,

that crash occurred in PLAY VST3, as you suspected it was Kontakt, I guess you have moved the VST2 plugins folder?

You could try to move PLAY VST3 file out of Program Files → Common Files → VST3 and see if you can open the project then.
If yes, maybe try and use the VST2 version instead of the VST3 and see if it still crashes.

However, if you got a bluescreen, the issue might be deeper and the plug-ins not directly responsible.
You should have a blue screen dump in C:\Windows\minidumps, can you upload it please?

[Edit]
The crash occurred straight after a call to the ATI driver, perhaps it is a good idea to uninstall it, reboot, then re-install the video driver only (with no AMD Settings and ReLive)
[/Edit]