Project Colors Presets

I think we need Project Colors presets, not only one and only default but more in format that we can share between users. I know we can save them with tempaltes
but why not separate saving??

Prefs can be individually saved, and the resulting file is a user preset that can be shared. This is an old function and a little inconvenient, but it works.

my colors.xml (5.6 KB)

The resulting file comes from and goes to the Configuration Presets located at
%AppData%\Steinberg\Cubase 13_64\Presets\Configurations

aka
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 13_64\Presets\Configurations

Manual entry:

What’s odd is that you seem to already know this, as posted

Thank you, this one I know😀
Maybe I expressed me wrong, I thougt Track Colors presets. To have a few different track color pallete preset posibility without need to save them with templates as only option. It is to complicated for me like it is set now.
It would be nice to edit color palette like delete more at once , not one by one, to copy more colors from one colection to another. This way people could edit nice pallets and share them on forum for example.
And maybe to have option to input color codes from Adobe standard.

Yeah, I agree the color prefs situation needs modernization, and I’m sure this is well known to the devs, but in the mean time I want to let people who don’t already know, that there’s a way to do this (albeit with an old UI interface).

2 Likes

Yeah, to that and also I don’t know why Steinberg has chosen to reinvent the wheel because if you look in XML files they have their ownd numbering system for the colors not using RGB, HSL or … CMYK :rofl: . So it would be nice to have RGB colors instead of the mystery format. Not much of an actual Cubase issue so I put it here if you don’t mind? :smiley:

1 Like