I’ve encountered an issue I never observed. Here are the steps that occured leading up to observing this problem:
- I Opened an existing Cubase 1.06 project file.
- I Observed the following:
- When pressing play one can hear the tracks playing back but the Project cursor does not move. The primary time display also does not move during playback however it was observed that when pressing stop the primary time display did get updated and indicates the new position.
- When I press any of the marker buttons on the transport panel the project cursor does not move to the corresponding marker point. Note that although the cursor does not move the transport panel primary time display does move and correctly indicates the new position in the project.
- From the above obervation it would seem that the project cursor no longer moves except when it is manually repositioned with the mouse.
Has anyone ever observed this behavior and is there a way to restore the project file such that the project cursor is returned to normal behavior?
Note that I am using Cubase 6.5 build 102 (32-bit) dated Jan 27 2012. This is running on a PC with Windows Vista Home Basic.