Project Folder organisation

It would be great to have some options to organise the project folder.
Would it be possible to store the backup files in a dedicated folder? All those .bak files are filling and messing up the project root folder when you start to save several versions of your project.
Also when archiving files from the pool and select to copy video files to the project folder (which is buggy by the way …), all the videos appear in the root folder. Here also a dedicated folder would be nice. Then the cash files … what are we supposed to do with them?
Ideally, I personally would like to have nothing but the .npr files to appear in the root folder. It could help avoiding mistakes with big projects.
I like having a single project folder that contains everything I need to open the project properly. It helps when you have several studios to work in.

So an options menu on “saving as…” that can do all that (like in Logic for example) would help staying organised.

Cheers,
Alex

+1

+1

… I was about to type “+1”, but then I read “like in Logic”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What is Logic ? :cry:

No matter, it’s a very good idea.

:laughing:
OK, let’s stay professional. Pro Tools does an OK job too, regarding that matter. :mrgreen:

+1 BTW: I use PosteHaste app on MacOs to create ‘template’ project folders. Works great and I drag Bak files and versions in different folders by hand. A watch folder could fix the handwork, but I don’t want it to mess anything up in the background. So yes, a smart feature like this would help!

+1

I’m missing this since I’m a nuendo user. What I do is to sort the files by type, but it’s not the same…

+1

++1!

+1

+1

+1

Me too.

+1

+1

+1

+1

It’s a mess right now.

+1
Also, the icon for the backup projects(.bak) is the same as the icon for the project itself (.npr) which makes it more difficult to quickly find the project to launch. Please allow us to configure Nuendo to store backup projects in a user assigned folder. The little bits of time wasted do add up. Thanks