Hi guys, I am having an issue with my Cubase 6 project length changing on me. I am able to reproduce it pretty consistently so I’m hoping someone else will be able to validate this or point me in the right direction.
First some info on my setup:
- Intel Core i7 920
- Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
- Cubase 6.0.5 32 bit build 357
- 6 GB ram
- ATI Radeon HD 4800
- Dual monitor
- Create a new “Empty” project
- Project -> Project Setup -> Set project length to something like 4 minutes
- Zoom out so that the entire project fills the screen
- Set the markers to the start and end of the project
- Add a new mono track, arm to record
- Move the locator somewhere near the end of the project, say bar 113ish
- Start Recording
For me, the instant I hit record I can see the project size change in the “overview” bar (it is now zoomed to only about half the project size). If I go look at my Project Setup screen, the “Length” has increased (it is now 0:09:14:00 however this sometimes differs, its been as high as 10 minutes).
Note, if in the above scenario above I start recording at bar 1 instead, this behavior does not occur instantly, however if I let the recording go it will expand the project length when the locator nears the right side of the screen.
I can’t seem to find a setting that will prevent this from happening.
Here is a link to a video of the behavior:
Note the zoom level in the overview bar before I press record. After pressing record, it goes for a second and you see the zoom jump so that it is now only zoomed to about half the project. This shows that the project length has changed.