Project loading crashes after update

Hello,

After updating to 10.0.50, I’m not able to load the current project I’m working on. Cubase simply dissapears while loading. Is there a way to roll back to the version previous to the update? I can open other projects without any issues.

Thank you.

I would suggest you 1) clear the settings (check the knowledge base) and 2) rename the plugin directory and see if that works.
Try one thing at a time.

I´m going to take a wild guess and say you have to re-install Cubase if you want to downgrade, but I havn’t done it myself.
It is however tempting because I’ve had several issues myself after updating (blacklisted plugins, freeze ups, pop-ups with “a serious error occurred” etc. Cubase have never been very stable imho so if you find a version that´s mostly working for you then stick with it.

Ouch… reinstalling is always the very last option to me, so I’ll try to find a workaround. Thank you.

Problem solved (or located). After a couple of hours trying different things, I found out that the problem was related to the Sonivox plugins. As soon I uninstalled all of them, the project opened again.