Project Size Limit?

I’m using Cubase 8.5 Artist.

I’m doing a “book on tape” for an author and since Chapter 8, when I save the project, the recordings, which tend to be around an hour each, with stops and starts, nothing gets saved to the project, - nothing, meaning the recordings.

I back up each session to an external hard drive so I have the recordings there, but not in the project and on the track itself. Each chapter has been on a separate track.

I cannot figure out what’s going on and what’s causing the problem.

Anybody?

You can change the Project Duration in Project Setup.

1 Like

The project length is not the problem. Maybe read my OP again.

Can you re-describe the problem in the order it occurs? Pics might also be helpful, depending on the specifics.

And what you mean with project size?

I also have a problem to get the issue, so :

• Are you able to playback the different tracks (chapters) of your project after having open it and do the audio events are clearly shown in their relevent tracks ?
  • Using the Project Setup window and clicking on the Show in Explorer button, do you have an \Audio subfolder in your project folder ? If not, I suspect that your project audio files are recorded somewhere outside it, which isn’t a good thing. To check this, I would use the Media>Open Pool Window command and try to see where they are in it.
  • If not sure, and as a last resort, I would use the File>Back-up Project command and create a dedicated project folder for it. This will ensure that all the Media associated to the project will be reachable and located in the correct place, which is the \Audio subfolder of the just created project one. It will then be easier to continue the work with this new backed up project.

All the audio files are in the Audio folder where they should be but they are not seen on the track on which they were recorded. Out of 11 tracks. 9 and 10 show no events in the project window although they were certainly there when I saved the project. Each track has multiple events because this is a book on tape and I would need to start and stop when the reader made a mistake. Each track represent one chapter, and each track is between 30 and about 75 minutes long.

I hope that’s clear.

Are you perhaps triggering the Track to create a new Track Version? Maybe with a Key Command.

Want to make sure I’ve got this straight - is the following a correct description?

• You record a portion of the book on a Track
  • While recording you can see an Audio Event being created on the Track
  • When finished recording you can see that session’s Audio Events on the Track and the Audio Files are in the Pool
  • Then you save the Project and the Audio Events are still there
  • Close the Project
  • When you reopen the Project the Audio Events are no longer on the Track
1 Like

Not exactly, sorry, as you still haven’t answer these :

• Are you able to playback (IOW, are you hearing the expected sounds of) the different tracks (chapters) of your project after having open it ?
  • What do you get in the Pool window ? Are you able to retrieve in it the involved audio files ?
  • And I insist on this one :
    I would use the File>Back-up Project command and create a dedicated project folder for it. This will ensure that all the Media associated to the project will be reachable and located in the correct place, which is the \Audio subfolder of the just created project one.”.
    Did you try this and if so, what are the results ?

Thanks in advance for any added precisions.

Raino,

Exactly.

Cubic 13,

Maybe read what I wrote previously again. There is nothing on the track to play back.

OK, I give up. Good luck…