Project templates

Hi.
I am re installing Dorico onto a new mac. Where do I find the custom project templates that I have created, and how do I import them into my new version of Dorico on my new MAC?

Thanks and a MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL…

Merry Christmas to you too!

They’re found in:

/Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 4/Project Templates

In general you probably want to take this “Dorico 4” folder to your new Mac – but don’t take the preferences.xml file from one Mac to another, unless your user account name is identical on your new Mac to your old one.

Hi Daniel. Many thanks for your reply.
When I get to the Dorico 4 folder it is empty. When I look in the same place on my new Mac it is also empty. But when I look on my old mac when I look in Dorico 3.5 I can see

Do you have any more suggestions?

Thanks.

Are you sure you’re looking in the right Library?
From Finder, hold down the alt/option key and click the Go menu and you should
find the user library there, It’s hidden by default. Or “Command - Shift - L” I think.

Jesper

Hi jewels. Many thanks for your reply.
I tried what you said but no Project templates are here either. And no Application support and no Dorico 4

Your screenshot doesn’t show the “A” section of the Library folders, so we can’t see if there’s an Application Support folder.

Try this: Copy the following filepath:

~/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 4

, then in the Finder type Shift Command G. Paste the path into the field, and press Return.

Hi benwiggy.
Well that certainly got it.I have to confess that I really don’t know what happened, but I found the folder and then copied it into the same place in my new mac and everything is fine. When I open a previous arrangement it now opens as before. At first, the new templates did not show up when I tried to create a new piece using a template. What I did was open an existing piece and then saved it as a new template file, then suddenly all my old ones showed up.
Many thanks for all your help.