Project view when first loaded up

Hi
I have not been able to find answers to this through much searching…
In Cubase 8 how do you get rid of the racks from being in view when you open a project? Also, it always seems to open to the same view of the project which is usually blank space for me. Is there a way so the project will reopen to the same view (magnification, track location) that I had when I closed it?
Thanks

For question 1, it should be up in the toolbar. Look for ‘Racks’ - over more to the left.
If you don’t see it, you may have to right click on an empty space on the tool bar to add it, and then work with it.

For question 2, if you save the song, [project], it should reopen just the way you saved & closed it before.
If not, you may have setup some Workspaces, which should do what you want.

Hi
I know how to get rid of the racks after the project opens. I just feel there must be a way to have it not appear at first, it’s useless for me. Also every time I open a project no matter what screen it was on when I save it I get a default work view where it is zoomed out and focused on nothing. I’ll play with work spaces.

ideally I want to save my view as a template but it always goes back to that default.

So just so that I’m clear here, are you talking about the VST/Media Bay rack at the right side of the main project window?
Because if so, I set it once and it never comes back from opening to opening & project to project.

That said, I was incorrect above about this location, in case anyone else needs to know .

It’s located 2nd from the very left up on the tool bar beside the ‘Activate Project’ icon. Next to it is the ‘Set Up Window Layout’.

Myself, I uncheck ‘Racks’, & 2 of the others and just leave one of the 4, but I’m not at my DAW rig right now, so I can’t quite remember what all 4 are.

This is a late response to the post but I still have these problems, Ive just been to busy mixing to figure it out.

No matter what I change in workspaces or toggle racks in ‘set window layout’ or set up configurations, It always opens a project with racks up and the track play marker no where near where I saved it.

For question 2, if you save the song, [project], it should reopen just the way you saved & closed it before.
If not, you may have setup some Workspaces, which should do what you want.[/quote]

Am I the only one who has this issue? I save a project, re-open it and it’s not the way I saved it. It’s not a big deal to press a KC that puts your whole project in view, but sometimes after properly saving (I usually save with my entire tracks from beginning to end in view) close C8 entirely, then open that project, and C8 opens with 1/2 the project off screen. Other times it opens with almost all the tracks off screen.

I don’t use workspaces because when using 4 video monitors, mix console 3, after saving a workspace and going back to the default will continually shrink the mixer width…every time you open and close the workspace…but only on mix console 3. I can open and close with this shrinking happening for several cycles until it finally shrinks no more. It works properly with mix consoles 1 and 2. All 4 monitors are the same brand set to the very same parameters.