Project window MIDI Region issue

I am so excited :smiley: about my latest Cubase 8 Update, but I am sort of frozen on a certain issue in regards to displaying my MIDI regions in the central timeline.

The MIDI graphic notes are soooooooooooooooo thin I can barely see them at all. :frowning:

When I watch everyone else’s youtube videos on their Cubase 8 their MIDI notes are nice and thick, but mine have never been that thick. I can zoom in Horizontally but I can’t can seem to propely zoom in vertically. When I super zoom in vertically the notes are still the same thickness vertically and I can see them hardly at all even with my 37 inch monitor.

I have including some images to show what my display looks like and what the display looks like on others computers?

Is this a system font issue? Could there be a conflicting font causing this or is there a setting inside of Cubase I am unaware of to fix this issue.

I’m dying to take advantage of this great program but I’m working at a snails pace to read these skinny midi notes.

Please help me anyone?

Thank You

Sean in Canada!
Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 12.01.52 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 11.59.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 11.58.48 AM.png

Hi spaddison,

please go to your “File” menu and select “Preferences”. On the left hand side look for “Event Display” and click on “MIDI”. Then select “Blocks” instead of “Lines” on “Part Data Mode”.

Regards