Project Zoom Length Problem

hi there, im in the middle of a project and whenever i press backspace or enter on the keyboard , it reduces the width of my overveiw zoom thing. i then have to go into project setup to reduce the size length of the overveiw ,whats happening is the length shoots up to about 24 hours in length and i have to reduce it back to 5 mins ,it is getting very anoying and if anybody could help i would be most grateful thanks. soz about the reverb comments but it is true :laughing:

Hi,

Try to press the Key Command. Then open Key Command window. You will see the last triggered function, so you can see what is assigned to this Key Command, and reassign the Key Command or Delete it.

thanks for your reply Martin, i`ve just checked and the keys are not assinged to anything, and it is still doing it .

Hi,

Could you please attach a screenshot the state before and after?

Hi Martin it`s the overveiw whats missing on pic 1

Hi,

There is “Zoom to Locators” function in Cubase. Partly it seems, this function has been triggered. But it also changes the Project length, what is really weird. I’m not aware about a function, which could set the Project Length to Locators. I even wasn’t find this command in the Key Command.

I would guess, trashing of preferences should fix this issue. Could you try the Safe Start Mode, please?

hi martin thanks for your ideas ,allthough it aint fixed yet i have figured a temporary way round this problem i am a bit side tracked at the minute , with another problem but will be back to this i,if i trash the preferences will i lose all my customizations with keyboard short cuts etc, i have not tried safe mode yet. thanks

hi martin thanks for your ideas ,allthough it aint fixed yet i have figured a temporary way round this problem i am a bit side tracked at the minute , with another problem but will be back to this .
anyway but if i trash the preferences will i lose all my customizations with keyboard short cuts etc, i have not tried safe mode yet. thanks

Hi,

Yes, you will lose your customization if you trash preferences. So I would recommend to backup your preferences folder. After trashing it and creating a new one (while 1st Cubase start and Quit), you can copy some of your important preferences files (like Key Commands) from backup back to your new preferences.