Projects suddenly crash on load. How can I identify the issue?

This has happened twice in the last two days.
The project starts to instantiate tracks until it snags and crashes. It’s always the same track that snags on a given project but it’s not always the same across many projects.

I can open these projects if I don’t “load” them.
(As in when I have another functional project loaded already before opening the problem project.)

I can then drag the audio files into a new session and salvage the project that way. But it is costing me hours and hours of mixing work!

How can I see exactly which plugin won’t load?
Or identify what the issue is if it’s not a troublesome plugin?

This is very worrying. I have to get to the bottom of what makes my system unstable and unreliable.

What’s the best way to troubleshoot this situation?

I would really appreciate ANY advice.

Hi,

Make sure the plug-ins are up to date.

Attach the crash dump file here, please.

Hi Martin. I don’t know how to locate the crash dump file. Where do I find it? Thank you for being willing to help!

I am having the same issue. It seems my Lexicon LXP Native Reverb plugins are the culprit based on some rudimentary troubleshooting.

If I open the crashing project in Cubase 9.5, the LXP plugin is set to unavailable. I remove all instances of the LXP’s in the project, save, and re-open in Cubase 10 and we’re up and running. Obviously, I do not want to continue working this way. How do i get you this crash dump file?

Hi,

Windows: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dump
Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder in it.