Prologue's LFO1 broken, unless...

I’m using Cubase Essential 5 on a Windows 8 machine.

Prologue’s LFO1 does nothing for me, unless I twist the first knob on my AKAI LPD8 (laptop pad controller). I know that sounds weird, but it’s true. I’ve tried removing the LPD8 it as a Generic Remote, starting Cubase without it plugged in, and even re-installing all of Cubase, but nothing changes this problem :confused:.

It’s not too much of a hassle, but while twisting that knob a bit starts the LFO1 working, it also affects the LFO1 Depth (without actually moving the slider—it seems to multiply the Depth somehow). This makes working with presets kind of mysterious, because I don’t know how much I’m altering the original’s author’s LFO1 setup.

If anyone can think why I need to do this, or if there’s a better fix for this, I would be truly grateful! (Interestingly, LFO2 functions just fine without any intervention.)

(As an example, I create a new Instrument track, set it to the Prologue synth, dive into the LFO section in Prologue and add something obvious like a Pitch destination. The sound is not affected. But if I touch that knob on the pad controller, bam, it’s wonky pitch-modulating time.)

Aloha j and bummer.

Since their release many users have had probs with Prologue, Mystic and Spector.

My latest ‘wonk’ with them came just this past weekend.

If you do a search you will find a few ‘work-a-rounds’ etc but
I could never find anything like a a permanent fix.

Good Luck!

{‘-’}

The same here! with AKAI MPK mini keybord and CUBASE 7 FULL… It is obviously a BUG, dear Steinebrg support team, please have a look at this! We would all appreciate it! thank you

Thank you for the reply, Leftism. It’s good to know that I’m not entirely alone, at least. I suppose it isn’t the biggest problem, but it is always there :frowning:.