Properties behavior not consistent

I’ve just taken a look at this and I can’t seem to find a problem?

I can create staff-attached text and edit Globally or Locally and it changes everywhere or nowhere else. eg I hid “Light fades on…” with properties set to Global, and it was hidden everywhere. I then went to the Flute/Bass Flute layout, changed the properties to Local and then un-hid it, and it remained hidden everywhere else.

I also tried flipping this text by pressing F while Local was enabled and it only flipped in the current layout.

I tried this in all the Full Score layouts, Piano/Vocal, and Flute/Bass Flute.

Have I missed something?

Thank you for taking the time to poke around this thing. It’s not a problem per se. One is able to do all the things you state and, as you can see, I have used the hide feature extensively since it appears to be the only way to end up with the result I am after. Perhaps I can restate this desired result. I would like to be able to create text such as you have encountered in my project and to specify at the time of creation which layout or layouts said text should appear in, and where (such as “above top staff in system” for instance), and then to be able to subsequently edit or reposition or what have you this text in a layout specific manner. And this without having to use a hide feature going back and forth, layout to layout. I believe we may have arrived at the point where you may very well tell me this just isn’t in the cards right now. If, as I suspect, there is no current solution, do you think it might be appropriate to request such functionality in a future update? I envision some sort of Layout Menu in Properties or elsewhere that would contain checkboxes or some such to select layout or layouts that would include the created items.

Anyhow, I thank you again for all your generous and blessedly patient assistance.

1 Like

Just checking you’re aware of the difference between staff-attached and system-attached text? The latter behaves like a tempo mark: appears at system object positions in the score, but still appears in all layouts.

1 Like

Thank you. Yes I have considered this. Problem is it applies to all system objects which makes perfect sense but does not seem to offer a way to specify the behavior and location of text objects such as stage directions and the like specifically, apart from and independent of the other routine system objects such as Rehearsal numbers for instance. As far as I can tell, and you would know better, of course, it just doesn’t seem that there is a way to get the result I am after without considerable use of the hiding feature. Perhaps this entire colloquy can be submitted for purposes of a future update, among the thousands of others I am sure. Thank you again.