Purchase second hand license of Cubase Pro 10.5 that was an upgrade from another version

Hello everyone,
I recently purchased a used license for Cubase Pro 11, I transferred it to my account and everything works fine.

I subsequently purchased another used license, this time for Cubase pro 10.5 (to give as a gift to a friend).
Also in this case I proceeded to transfer the USB e-Licenser to my friend’s steinberg account and everything went well.
This time, however, I realized that the Cubase Pro 10.5 license is an upgrade from a previous version (one of the following: Cubase Pro 10 US [educational], Cubase Pro 10 US, Cubase Pro 10 [educational], Cubase Pro 10).

I have already installed and started Cubase Pro 10.5 and it works. At the beginning, however, a message appeared in which three buttons appeared: “Register Now”, “Already Registered” and “Remember later”. At the beginning I chose “Register now” but the process was not successful (although the Cubase Pro 10.5 license is present and activated on the eLicebser USB). I then selected “Already registered” and for the moment no more messages appear in subsequent restarts of Cubase.

My doubt is the following: can I easily directly install (and use without problems) Cubase Pro 10.5 or to be compliant should I first already own one of the Cubase licenses listed above for the upgrade?
Thanks for your answer!

Hello Francesco,

any updated/upgraded license “becomes” what it is updated/upgraded to.
If you see a Cubase 10.5 license in the eLicenser, that’s what it is now. Install Cubase 10.5, plug the dongle in, done.

The license registration dialogue appears when you start an eLicenser protected version of Cubase for the first time. It’s just a reminder to register the license.

However, if you were unable to register it to an account, the eLicenser might still be registered to the seller’s MySteinberg. I’d recommend to verify this: please try to register it to your (or your friend’s) account - if it tells you it’s already registered, you should ask the seller to delete the registration from his/her account.

Thanks so much for the reply.
On the mysteinberg profile of my friend (my cousin, actually) I am managed to register and both the USB e-licenser and the license of Cubase Pro 10.5 appear (as on attached pix)

So I guess everything should be fine.
I wanted to reassure myself of this.
Thanks again

1 Like

Looks indeed perfectly fine. Have fun :slight_smile: