Purchaser of Steinberg UR 44C Upgrading to Cubase Elements 11

“Cubase Elements 11
Upgrade from Cubase LE (4 or higher), Cubase AI, Cubase Essential 4/5, Sequel 2/3
Download Available
₹4,320.06
*Price including 15% VAT”
Friends,
INFORMATION:
(1) Purchased Steinberg UR44C very recently.
(2) I have been given a free version of Cubase AI 11 on purchase of UR 44C.
KINDLY CLARIFY MY BELOW DOUBTS:
(a) Is the Upgrade-eligibility clause applicable to me? (then, I can purchase Elements for Indian Rs. 4,320/-.
(b) Is this a lifetime single purchase? (If so, I can get lifelong updates free?)

Hi,

Yes, this is an upgrade for you.

Once you activate the license, you can use it forever. So you can use Cubase Elements 11 forever. Of course, you can update to Cubase Elements 11.5 or 12 or whatever later. Or you can upgrade to Cubase Artis or Pro anytime.

1 Like

You are all great, knowledgeable, very patient to answer simple, straight forward doubts and questions from laymen like me. Thanks a lot for all of your great guidance. Really I am overwhelmed. Thank you dear Martin. :+1: :ok_hand: :pray:

If you are referring to later versions, then the answer is no. You will need to pay to update or upgrade.

For example, if you want to update your Cubase Elements 11 to Elements 11.5 (or 12, etc.) it will cost you.

If you want to upgrade your Elements 11 to Artist 11 or Pro 11 (or 11.5, 12, etc.) it will cost you.

I just wanted to be sure that the information given wasn’t misleading you into believing you will never have to pay to get the latest version.

1 Like