Q-Capture waves not working at all in Cubase 9.5

Q-Capture waves not working at all in Cubase 9.5

I tested on ableton and its working, but in Cubase 9.5 doesn’t make any noise, looks like if where muted

somebody can confirm this issue? Please?

?

143 views and nobody can confirm? :open_mouth:

I have the same issue .The only way I can get the sweep audible is to place another insert before or after q-clone capture .
That doesn’t help though . NO receive signal . cant record the sweep either even though the meters show it there and audible at the master bus .
It works perfectly in LIVE just like you.
ALL other Waves VST’s work fine
The only way to use the capture is to record the sweep and THEN insert a capture .
A real pain and disappointment
???
come on Steinberg ,help us out please !

this bug must still in cubase 10

never fixed?

Considering Waves Q-clone is an older program, and according to you has never worked or hasn’t worked since C9.5, have you tried to contact Waves? I find Waves keeps an excellent data base with different DAWs, and considering how much time has passed since introduction of Q-Clone, they might have a solution…or at the very least confirm via Team viewer, the process what you and Alexander have attempted. That’s just an idea to pursue to assure there is no current solution.

I did pursue Q-clone and capture a while back, but there are few updated tutorials, and I too wasn’t able to make it work with any version of Cubase.

I think it must be a Cubase problem, since in previous versions of Cubase this worked correctly… I tried the Q-clone on other Daws and it is working… So the problem is definitely not the plugin but the daw.

probably stills in SX

A plug working in a prior version of Cubase but not working in a current Cubase version can be an indicator, but there are lots of exceptions. Just the other day, a plug worked in Wavelab9.5 but not 10. The problem was with the plug developer, he addressed the issue, and it’s now working in WL10.

To summarize, you are certain it did work in C9.5? What Waves Q-clone version are you on? Did you test with plugs or external hardware?

In the Youtube link posted, I believe he is going through external hardware. The reason Q-Clone originally caught my attention is because I wanted to run it through some plugs…not external hardware. For example, I have always wished to create a graphical real time representation of the controls on UAD Manley Massive Passive because the way it works is fairly unique.

I should probably get my WUPs worth of support since it’s not expired. Those guys are generally excellent, and persistent in finding solutions. If Q-Cone is confirmed to not work with C10/C10.5 I’ll bet it’s in their data base by now with an explanation. I guess as I ramble on, I’m sort of convincing myself to give them a call next week. :smiley:

To summarize, you are certain it did work in C9.5?

I never mentioned that it worked on 9.5, in fact I said it doesn’t work on 9.5…

What Waves Q-clone version are you on?

Latest version 11

Did you test with plugs or external hardware?

If this does not work with the Plugins it will not work with the Hardware, since Q-Clone needs to be linked first to Q-capture…
The point here is that they are not being made to work together… In older versions of Cubase, you can see that it worked… but I repeat, I did not mention at any time that it worked in 9.5, in fact I still use 9.5

In the Youtube link posted, I believe he is going through external hardware. The reason Q-Clone originally caught my attention is because I wanted to run it through some plugs…not external hardware. For example, I have always wished to create a graphical real time representation of the controls on UAD Manley Massive Passive because the way it works is fairly unique.

That’s also my reason for wanting to use it in Cubase, in this way I can easily capture my hardware, in fact Q-clone can work with plugins and hardware in the same way, I have tested it on Ableton Live with both hardware and plugins.

I should probably get my WUPs worth of support since it’s not expired. Those guys are generally excellent, and persistent in finding solutions. If Q-Cone is confirmed to not work with C10/C10.5 I’ll bet it’s in their data base by now with an explanation. I guess as I ramble on, I’m sort of convincing myself to give them a call next week. > :smiley:

Please! If you are able to contact support, this would be awesome! I stopped testing because I was running demo and I never tried to contact them, if you have the opportunity and you can save the day, it will be very appreciated by many who try to use it and can not, even for me because that way I would be encouraged to buy it (if they solve the problem).

I wanted to review Qclone to refresh my memory since it has been a long time since I gave up on it. By pure chance, I discovered fellow beta tester Phil had just released a tutorial for C10.5 and QClone a couple months ago. However it works like Alexander said…you have to render the pulse. Other than creating a pulse wave file…it works as intended.

Is there a drawback or disadvantage other than set-up not being quite as elegant? I can still call Waves, but lets get your feedback first.

Well, the only disadvantage is that every time you want to do it in a project you are working on, you would have to record an audio that takes up space in your hard drive (probably insignificant compared with the rest of the project), besides that it is a bit uncomfortable, but apart from that there might not be other inconveniences, I really don’t know if the signal could be affected when recording, probably not, but definitely if I still had the chance to use Q-Clone in Cubase to make all tests requested by Waves support, I wouldn’t hesitate to contact them.

Nice video by the way!

It’s nice to see this video update for Q-Clone and Waves. And Phil is very knowledgeable with Cubase.

I called Waves. In Cubase you can’t route the capture output to the input without creating a feedback loop. In other programs such as PT I believe this is possible. But in Cubase, a loop isn’t allowed. I’m guessing this is why Phil rendered the pulse which is a slight inconvenience.

Personally, I keep a template just for Cubase and Q-Clone including a 10 second pulse .wav file and just loop it.

I hope that clears it up.

I think we was missing something in Cubase, and Waves is not aware of this feature on Cubase…

Check this video;

It solves the problem we was experiencing and there is no need to record the pulse… The video is in Spanish but you don’t need to understand any word, just watching you can see how to make Q-Clone work in Cubase, I didn’t tested yet but I think it will work!

I can’t follow the video. But if you make it work, please give me a repro so I can forward it.

Thanks

G