Quadrafuzz V2

Well the problem there may that the source code might belong to someone - notably Craig Anderton. Or Steinberg. Not sure… you’ld have to do some research. Don’t forget we’re talking about a 12 year old plugin. I DO know there’s a “red” version that was issued independent of Cubase. I don’t know if reverse engineering is something you’re capable of.

And by the way, if there’s ANYTHING… ANYTHING at all i could do to help you out with that count me in. I would pay some good money to have that plug in the 64bit environment.

i guess steinberg can’t re-release QF v1 in 64 bit. because MOTU Digital Performer buy all rights at 64bit version, and they release their own version called “multifuzz”

MultiFuzz™
Craig Anderton’s QuadraFuzz reborn
There’s no fuzz box quite like Craig Anderton’s seminal QuadraFuzz™ — except DP9’s new MultiFuzz™, which faithfully reproduces the unique fuzz tones of the original hardware kit from the 70’s.

this is from MOTU website.
So, i guess we can stop hoping for QF1 in 64bits.

for now we have 3 options to use QF now

1. manipulate with bridge files inside cubase folder to run 32bit plugins again(VSTBridgeApp.exe & ect)
  2. use Red Version with Jbridge, which is nighmare actually.
  3. Stay at Cubase 8.5 or use it just for QF1

if you know other ways, share pls :slight_smile:

sooo… tell me about this Multifuzz… how similar is it to Craig Anderton’s Quadrafuzz?

Actually nevermind… it’s only for DP9. the world is against me. haha

This has NOTHING to do with Craig Anderton. He’s only responsible for the basic concept, QF1 was 100% programmed by Cube-Tec and Steinberg and was only loosely inspired by the original hardware unit. They don’t sound the same.

Quadrafuzz 1 isn’t coming back. Unless you’re looking for absolute audio destruction, the Tube and Distortion algorithms in Quadrafuzz v2 (with the band volume adjusted) can replicate the few subtle uses that QF1 had without turning your audio into mush.

Using it for vocal sheen was mentioned. QF1 sounds like a broken Aphex Aural Excited when used that way. The Aural Exciter is infamous for ruining audio and inexperienced users tuning it up too high to begin with. You don’t need this much distortion for the effect, because other instruments (such as the hihats) naturally boost the perceived highs of everything else. Quadrafuzz v2 is fully capable of providing the amount of distortion that a pro would use for shimmer.

… and anyway, what’s wrong with that simple hack in Cubase’ Components folder or JBridge?

If somebody really wants to keep using it, it is there for you still with at least those two easy methods :exclamation: