Quantize to CD Frame Outside Montage, or Time Stretch within a Montage (but not "to cursor")?

Is it possible to quantize CD markers to CD frames without loading the audio file into a montage?

Alternatively, is it possible to time stretch audio within a montage to a fixed % of the original length, as is possible outside a montage? (The montage “stretch to cursor” feature doesn’t work well for me.)

The problem I’m trying to solve is to time stretch audio in a way that’s not available in the montage, without displacing the CD track markers from the CD frames that they were set by the CD Wizard from within the montage. Time stretching keeps the markers in the same relative location, but that location is no longer at a CD sector boundary (except by happenstance). To fix this, I have to load the time-stretched audio into a new montage, re-run the CD Wizard, and then re-render the montage to create what amounts to the input .wav file with the markers nudged a little bit.

I do realize that this this problem would go away if I did the time stretching first, that’s not always possible. Also, FWIW, I’m not actually creating redbook CD masters or anything like that. I’m just making a set of .wav files that could be burnt to CD-R by the average PC owner, and I want the files to end on CD sector boundaries.

So, can anyone think of a way to either time stretch to a fixed % of the original inside a montage, or quantize CD track markers to the closest CD frame outside of a montage?

Thanks.

–mhg

P.S. I am VERY impressed that the CD Wizard can quantize CD markers in audio that’s not 16/44.1 and, when the audio is rendered to 16/44.1, the markers remain at the CD frame. That is a wonderful feature!

Yes

No, sorry

@Justin_Perkins insisted on that one :wink:

1 Like

Amazing what lies within the menus of this program.

Thanks, PG!

is quantizing in the MARKERS window the same as quantizing CD markers in the CD WIZARD ?

Yes, if you quantize to CD frames. Do you get different results?

I have now done it both ways and it appears to work the same way. Both methods equally prevent sector boundary errors (except on the last track).