Here is the scenario. I’m tracking an E kit with AQ turned on to say 16th notes. After the take I realize I want that snare roll to be more real time/free flowing and not locked to 16th note grid. Here is what Im NOT seeing in Cubase
- I dont see a way to range select those notes and turn quantize to OFF?? Should be an option as Cubase time stamps everything coming in
- Open the quantize panel and set the NON quantize to 120 ticks=16th note and hope it doesnt quantize anything on my selected snare roll.
- Set the quantize to 128 and hope that works after the fact.
- Set the quantize to 128 and use the Iterative quantize and set really low
- Track with AQ off the do a dissolve part and quantize each part after the fact . This still doesnt fix the issue if you accidentally have AQ turned ON when you track something.
***Am I missing something here? Shouldnt we have an OFF choice on the quantize after we range select some notes?? Reaper has a BYPASS checkbox for this