Quartertone

Hi Steve,

Do you know any workaround to display qurtertone accidentals and/or key signature with quarter tone symbols in Score Editor?

Thank you in advance.

CS

Two ways that I can think of right now.

Create an Expression Map articulation. Set the font to one with microtone accidentals (or any character, frankly).

Create a user symbol.

If you use an Expression Map, you can also send a midi message to adjust the pitch. Which midi message to use will depend on the VST or synth involved.

Thank you Steve. However, my use symbols are note listed among the choices available. I have a specific font ( Persian Music ) https://www.4shared.com/photo/vcK-p-Tz/actual_size.html that I’d like to use. I don’t think it is even in the unicode character set.

Hi Again Steve,

I followed your approach. But I guess I am doing something wrong. Would you please take a look at my project and see that is the wrong? I doesn’t play notes except the last notes. It seems it is switching to different channel on the HSO ( loaded on Halion Sonic SE). I have the output of the mappings to program to 2 and 3 ( corresponding to each channel with pitch bends).

Here is my .cpr project. microtonal-01.cpr - Google Drive

Thank you very much in advance.