Question about Markers Window and "Offset"

And thanks for the link to Bitter. I have used and liked the Wavelab Bit Meter but I will give Bitter a try as well.

No problem. The WaveLab bit-meter is OK but Bitter has more detail beyond 24-bits. A question for PG would be this:

Does WaveLab process internally at 64-bit floating point? I notice that on some material, the Stilwell Bitter meter goes well beyond 32-bit floating point but at the moment, I don’t have a good way to test the full scope.

Good Dither by Goodhertz is a great dither plugin that also has a nice detailed Bit-Meter but their plugins are AU/AAX only so they are not yet available in VST for WaveLab.

Yes, there may be some hacks to make 24-bit audio in a DDP container but I don’t advise it. If I recall correctly, Sonic Solutions Sound Blade mastering DAW has some sort of custom DDP style format that lets you deliver projects to your clients in hi-res at 24-bit/96k with a special DDP style player for example, but I’m honestly not sure how it works.

Traditional DDP is 16-bit/44.1k so best to dither to 16-bit when writing the DDP rather than force the truncation. So in other words, it’s not surprising to see that HOFA or any other app is reporting 16-bits in the DDP image after you render it.