Question about VST Scan / Diagnostic

I Bought Korg’s classic synth collection (7 VSTI synths, one VST FX) All of them load are recognized and run in Dorico except one of them (Polysix). It is recognized to the point that it comes up in Dorico to be whitelisted (or not) and I did white list it. But then it never appears for use. I was wondering if there is a log or console or some such where I can attempt to understand what the issue might be. The Polysix VSTi runs fine outside of Dorico BTW in like Reaper or MIDI Guitar.

Thanks for any help,
Greg

I guess Ulf would ask you to do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file so that he can examine the audio engine logs, so since he’s hopefully tucked up in bed asleep at the moment, I guess I’ll ask you to do this on his behalf.

No Doubt :slight_smile: I was trying to avoid bothering him that far - I think I will do that, but then take a peek at them first.

Most interesting would be to see the output of the vst2xscanner. Please try following;

• Press the Windows key and then ‘cmd’ for the Command Prompt and then just the return key, a small black window appears.
  • Into that window copy and paste the command

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico3.5\VSTAudioEngine\Components\vst2xscanner -p “C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2\NotePerformer64.dll”

• The part with ‘C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2\NotePerformer64.dll’ you need to replace with the path to your Polysix dll, I don’t know where that is located on your computer.

If you hit return, what is the output then? If nothing is put out, type the command

echo %ERRORLEVEL%

and hit return. What number does get shown then?

Hello Ulf. Well… kinda looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins\KORG\Polysix.dllInstrument5653544B4C5056706F6C7973697800005653454B4C5056706F6C797369780000PolysixKORGVST 2.42.1.0.0000103

The error level is 0, I’m assuming because the previous command completed.

Thanks. Right, that is the expected output. So the vstscanner is fine with it and would let it through.
If you have a look at C:\Users<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Dorico 3.5 AudioEngine_64\Vst2xPlugin Blacklist Dorico 3.5 AudioEngine.xml
is the Polysix listed in there. If so, then it is most likely the same issue as what many people have with NotePerformer or Kontakt.
I’ve sent you via private message some instructions.

Those were straightforward, clear steps. Unfortunately they don’t seem to have made any difference in the outcome this time Ulf.

Hm, strange that it still does not work. And the Polysix is on the blacklist?
Could you please do Help > Create Diagnostics Report and send the corresponding zip file to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’? Thanks