QUESTION: All key commands, PLE and LE commands documented?

That’s what I thought you meant but interestingly, my install of 9 doesn’t show any key commands in that column except for a couple that I mapped myself.

In your example, are those default Cubase commands, or ones that you mapped on your own? If they’re the defaults, I need to figure out why I don’t see them in my install.

The “Reset All” button will restore the default key commands for all commands.

You probably already know this but I thought I’d mention the default key commands at least are listed in the manual if you do a search for ‘default key commands’.

Yes, those are the defaults and I have a few of my own Key Commands, but not in the category shown in the screen shot. The default Key Commands are in a directory and can be copied from a previous version. There are also some other files that have Key Commands that mirror some common commands used in Pro Tools and Logic, I think. I can’t remember where these files are located and don’t have time to check that right now. You should have the Cubase Presets in your installation directories. You’ll figure it out. :slight_smile:

The default key commands are re-instated by clicking on the ‘Reset All’ button (lower right of the Key Commands window). From the manual: “The ‘Reset All’ button will restore the default key commands for all commands” (see screenshot):

Key Command presets are loaded from the Key Commands presets menu in the Key Commands window See screenshot:

(For safety purposes, you should always save your own key commands as a preset before doing either).

Key commands can be changed by the user. It would be good to have the ability to print out a list of our own key commands.

Z

Z, I agree. I’ve not yet found in the time to learn how the Cubase XML files work, but I suspect there are users who might suggest utilities or methods to convert to a printable format.

For me, the Key Commands are useful and I’m slowly learning to use them. I’ve modified a few and added a few. Overall, I think Cubase’s system for adding new Key Commands is adequate as it stands. I just wish the documentation for PLE, LE and Transformer had more usage examples in the documentation and that the operation manual was a bit more detailed about the functions of, say, Value 1 and Value. I’m just trying to be patient and absorb a little at a time.