Question: How to always open Key Editor at Zoom setting that shows all notes in the part?

Hi,
While I know about Shift-E, I have not been able to find an editor preference that ALWAYS open up the Key Editor at a Zoom setting that shows all the notes in the entire part. I constantly have to press Shift-E to see the entire contents after opening up a part in the Key Editor. What am I missing? Why does the Key Editor not DEFAULT to opening up showing all contents and instead seem to stick with the latest zoom value set, which - while great when I was editing an earlier part - is always dead wrong when I go on to the next one. Please help. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Create your own Macro:

• Open Key Editor
  • Zoom Full.
1 Like

Appreciate that but how is that different from Shift-E? Does a macro get automatically applied when opening Key Editor? If I have to press a key to run the macro then that is not the solution to the problem as I want the Key Editor to open up showing all the contents of that Midi part without having to press any additional keys. I’ll look into if macros can be tied to (launch as part of…) app events like opening up a key Editor window. If you know this is not possible please let me know and if so this is still an open question or I guess a feature request. :slight_smile:

Ah I got it. I created the macro and it works BUT it is not the same as having a native function that allows a double click on the part to open it in the Key Editor at full zoom. I think I still want that feature. :slight_smile: Thanks for the tip though, will use it until the feature I want gets implemented in 2030. haha.

1 Like