Question: Inspector changing shape

1. The Inspector is really nice.
  2. When docked in its “default” place, with the master section, it looks like it should. This also goes for it docked all the way to the left, from top to bottom.
  3. However, when docked where I actually want it, either to the left or right of the main section, it shifts the top buttons to the left, which looks messy and unneccessarily wastes screen space.

Screenshots:

Is there anything I can do?

j,

There is an horizontal layout, and a vertical layout. This one is automatically chose. In your case, the wrong choice happens. Here it works. Therefore I suggest to try again a couple of times.

PG,

that didn’t work, BUT, what did work was to stop trying to dock it to the right of the main window, and instead put it to the left of the master section.(Ie. dock it in the MS and not the waveform display.) Strange, but it’s the end result that counts. I couldn’t get it to behave to the left of the waveform though, but I can live with that :slight_smile:

Btw: I absolutely hated the docking system when it was introduced (WL7?), and didn’t dare to move a thing once I had a layout I liked. Now, when I know how to work it, I think it’s actually really clever. Full props.

j,

I absolutely hated the docking system when it was introduced (WL7?), and didn’t dare to move a thing once I had a layout I liked. Now, when I know how to work if, I think it’s actually really clever. Full props.

It was 100% rewritten in WaveLab 9.

Philippe

And for that we cheer :slight_smile:

j,