Question / Keycommands and other Plus BIG THANK

First of all, big thank and thumps up for this Mega-Update. Good Graphic-Performance and overall well thought concept.

Now some Questions:

1. +1 For the “free the” F2 and not bind it to Rename File. We use F2 for fast editing and another KC for Rename

2. +1 For KC for "close all Files except the marked one (“Alle außer diesem schließen”)

3. Staying with KC: Perhaps it would be useful to have a Command for directly going to the “open last Files” -Tab (“Zuletzt verwendete Dateien”) as known from WL8 ‘Shift-O’ Or maybe there is a better way ? I now use “Datei-Registerkarte wechseln” where i than have to go to the last files tab

4. Would’t it be more intuitive to be able to use the arrow keys for navigation. Just an Idea but maybe not as easy:
    For example: In WL8 it was possible to step between the Intelligent Bypass-Sates withe the arrow Keys. Or be able to step between the tabs in the Datei-Registerkarte ?

5. The Montage: Dealing with many clips I very often change the ripple state from global to none with KC
    As I often change the state it would be more convenient to the see the state I’m in at the moment even when not in the “Bearbeiten” tab. Maybe Wl could change the Registerkarten-View (as seen with other commands?) when changing the Ripple state.

6. I thinks it’s a bug: In WL8 I could add new FX in the FX-Tab with Right click. Now I have to use the Plus sign

7. Bug? I haven’t found a way to deactivate this: when overlapping to clips very little (some ms to change the micro-timing) it always jumps to a magnetic point (which i deactivated all). So: Two clips.I drag the right one to overlap the left one for maybe 5 ms … it automatically drags ist to overlap 16 ms… i drag to overlap 18 ms and it jumps to 36 … i drag to 38 and it automatically drags it to 51ms.

Works Ok in WL8

1. I think we had this one some time ago: when selecting sth in the edit window, and want to expand the selction to a point which is not shown in Edit-window in older version i could drag the mouse out of the window, and it would mark - on-and on and on … (hope you understand) . In WL9 it stops … or I have to leave the mouse at the very end of the Edit-Window

2. Last for now - a Userinterface thing: In WL8 Render Dialogue i found it much more intuitive to see all possible options which region or whole file i want to render. Now it’s a klappmenü (sorry - lost the english word)… and I have a lot of free screen-estate free (on the big render dialogue-box)

As i often change, what part i want to render i find it more intuitive to see all. But i understand the reason for this in the small Render-Tab

Thanks again for the great work, which makes my work a lot of easier.

Christoph

: Perhaps it would be useful to have a Command for directly going to the “open last Files” -Tab

Right. Or at least a shortcut to open the recent file list menu.

1. The Montage: Dealing with many clips I very often change the ripple state from global to none with KC
    As I often change the state it would be more convenient to the see the state I’m in at the moment even when not in the “Bearbeiten” tab. Maybe Wl could change the Registerkarten-View (as seen with other commands?) when changing the Ripple state.

This is true. A short auto-popup window is an idea.

1. I thinks it’s a bug: In WL8 I could add new FX in the FX-Tab with Right click. Now I have to use the Plus sign

Yes, this was already pointed out.

1. Bug? I haven’t found a way to deactivate this: when overlapping to clips very little (some ms to change the micro-timing) it always jumps to a magnetic point (which i deactivated all). So: Two clips.I drag the right one to overlap the left one for maybe 5 ms … it automatically drags ist to overlap 16 ms… i drag to overlap 18 ms and it jumps to 36 … i drag to 38 and it automatically drags it to 51ms.

Maybe you have this option ON. Else I can’t reproduce a problem.

1. I think we had this one some time ago: when selecting sth in the edit window, and want to expand the selction to a point which is not shown in Edit-window in older version i could drag the mouse out of the window, and it would mark - on-and on and on … (hope you understand) . In WL9 it stops … or I have to leave the mouse at the very end of the Edit-Window

It works here.

7) Snap to Waveform: didn’t knew/used this
8) Yes I get the big arrwow - but movement stops when reaching the first fader of the Master-Section.
Maybe to small region for my big movement :slight_smile:

This would be a good idea. After reading this I realized that I often don’t know what state I’m in and then I have to do a “test move” of a file to see if all the subsequent files move or only the one file I’m moving.

A way to easily see the mode you’re in would be welcomed.