Question regarding large analogue mixers.

Your not wrong my friend… :slight_smile:

Well, back the old days, the budgets were different than today. Many of the great albums are mixed on high-end consoles like Foscusrite, SSL, Harrison, Calrec, Neve etc. The high-end outboard created in the 80’s is legendary and known for its quality components and pretty heavy price tags. Just take a look what the price was for an Emulator II or the PPG Wave 2,3.
Yes, time is changing and there is some element of “magic” to all the old gear. But compared to the workflow there is to a DAW today, then I would never go back. A great soundcard, some reliable speakers and some good treatment to your room - then you have a great setup.
If you would spend some money on something console like, then I would recommend the Yamaha Nuage.

If you are looking for a good guide for sound cards I can recommend one. Even though it is in german you just easily translate it with any translation program. Just click here and you have a lot of commonly asked questions answered: https://www.technikhiwi.de/soundkarte-test/

You will also find a lot of other topics regarding audio, speakers and things you might need.

cheers mate. :slight_smile:

Apparently this mixer

enables the routing of 22 tracks from Cubase through it so the project can be mixed old school style, at least that’s what the tech department told me…
does anyone know this mixer? can you confirm it’s ability? :slight_smile:

best, Kevin