Question regarding MIDI Input

Hi,
is there any possibility to tell Cubase to use a specific MIDI Input when creating new instrument oder midi tracks by default. I have problems with some VSTis, when the MIDI Input is set to “All MIDI In”, and I dont want to do it manually for every track I create (besides I often forget it and then get problems, like double notes for the most time).
Cheers,
Codex

Hi,

You can define, which MIDI port is in the “All MIDI In”. Open Devices > Device Setup > MIDI Ports. Here, you can see all MIDI Ins (yellow) and Outs (blue). The most right column, there is “All MIDI In”. Here, you can enable/disable, if the dedicated MIDI Port is/is not part of “All MIDI Inputs”.

Then, you can keep the “All MIDI In” as a Default input.

You should switch this Off for example for Mackie Control device, or similar MIDI controllers.

Aaah… very good! Thank you, that may solve my problem. By the way do you have any idea, why I always get doubled notes? Sounds like some sort of MIDI through problem, only I have no idea what could cause that…

Cheers,
Codex

Yes, I have an idea. :wink:

In the same window, you have 2 MIDI Ports for every single physical Input. One is an Emulated driver, and second one is DirectMusic. Just disable one set (the Emulated or the DorectMusic) of these Inputs. :wink:

Great, thank you. I’ll try that!