Question/Request : More Date & Time Options for Custom Variables

I want to create this custom naming scheme : YYMMDDHHMMSS (Example result: 200125160815.wav). I’ve tried my best but couldn’t find a way to create this custom variable…

If there is no option to do this, I strongly suggest/wish WaveLab’s auto variables gets expanded to include the following time components :

YY (2-digit year) ==> Example: 20
MM (2-digit month) ==> Example: 01
DD (2-digit date) ==> Example: 25
HH (2-digit hour, 24hr format) ==> Example: 16
MM (two digit minute) ==> Example: 08
SS (two digit second) ==> Example: 15

For me, names with . (dots), : (colons) and other exotic characters is a big NO. The closest results to what I wanted were these :

2020012516.08.15.wav <== I don’t want any dots …
20-01-2516.08.15.wav <== Gets the two-digit year right, but adds dashes and dots …

I strongly suggest/wish WaveLab’s auto variables gets expanded to include the following time components :

Good idea. Agreed for a future version.

Philippe

Long long long overdue. I would be thrilled to get better options on this.

VP

+100000000

Will be available in 10.0.30…

does this still exist in 11 & 12? i can’t figure out how to do it, but i’m tired of deleting and redoing the export-queue (for most of the time one file).
before queue i just changed the date in the filename and exported, now its more work…
so if this is not available right now: pleeeease add it! its plain simple and for some people a meaningful way of organizing files (rather than counters)

also more automatic placeholders could be nice - like export-quality (khz, bits, bpm/compressionrate)

also it’d be nice to just run one of the jobs in the export-queue on demand, not always all of em.

In WaveLab 11, you can have variables independently for the day, month, and year.

oh thanx. damn - i didn’t see this is wavelab, this topic was suggested when i was about to add a feature request… so how about cubase?