Questionair - January 2014

I too thought of IK… On paper it sounds good.

But I -loathe- their ‘Custom Shop’ system of licensing and will likely never buy anything from them again because of it. It has proven to be quite unreliable.

Their customer support is always understanding when it fails and I tolerate it because I don’t use their stuff too often. But if those kinds of hiccoughs happened with Cubase? I wouldn’t be using Cubase.

:astonished:

Ooops! I upgraded to Amplitube 3 and thought of maybe getting some more stuff some day but maybe I should think twice or check it out more thoroughly before?

There’s plenty of room for improvement, let’s not forget the mixer but also enhancements to the MIDI editors could be made that integrate Time Signature and Tempo Tracks, plus markers in the Audio Editor.

YMMV. I find some of their products to be best of breed. It’s just their licensing system that stinks. Perhaps it’s -my- PC. I’ve had similar issues with NI’s ‘Service Center’. Others have none. My only point is that ‘licensing’ seems to take up -so- much of the oxygen with DAW software and it’s puzzling to me that there are so -many- systems and almost none of them are -simple-.

My ire with IK is that they work so hard to make it ‘fun to try and buy!’ that it becomes a pain.

It’s puzzling to me that the world has gone so ‘app’… dead simple interfaces… whilst most DAW companies still stick with these Rube Goldberg approaches. I thought young people would demand simplicity.

—JC

:laughing: no doubt!
Amplitube is great, Custom shop … isn’t!