Questions about Cubase Pro updates

I had problems installing Cubase Pro 11 but I think I got it installed correctly & completely. The installation document is very vague & was not useful for I needed to have help with. However, I learned a great deal from it’s 39,.033,333 pages. But I still have questions. Such as are updates all inclusive?
Meaning generically, do I have to install update 1, then 2, then 3? Or can I just install update 3 & updates 1 & 2 are included within 3? Do I have to pay for them or something?
Any fundamental info you provide me will help. I’m sure there are log files, but I must have missed where those are. Windows Application log in the Event View say almost nothing.

Thank you

Hi,

You can always install the latest version only. Cubase 10 is other application (executable) than Cubase 10.5 and Cubase 11. You could even have all 3 applications installed side by side. Of course, Cubase 11 includes all Cubase 10.5 and Cubase 10 features.

Regarding the maintenance updates, these update the version. So you don’t have Cubase 11 and Cubase 11.0.30 and Cubase 11.0.41. Cubase 11.0.41 replaces Cubase 11.0.0. And again, the latest maintenance update includes all fixes from the previous maintenance updates. So Cubase 11.0.41 includes 11.0.30, 11.0.20, etc.

1 Like

Thank you. That helps quite a bit. Every update I run does the same thing. It runs for a few seconds. Some for 2 or 3 seconds some for 7 or 8 seconds. Then they just vanish. I there a log I can check to find out WHY it vanished or something. Fortunately, for me, since I still don’t know what I’m doing, I’m far less likely to find a bug or something. I cause plenty of my own problems & just assume that I must of done something wrong.
I have tried installing updates as me & as Administrator but I still can’t seem to install even one.

Hi,

What do you mean by “every update”, please?

What exactly do you install?

Are you on Windows or Mac?

After installing Cubase 11 from the download app, there was an update listed I think it was 11.0.3. I downloaded that one & ran it to install it, but it would not install. I later downloaded 11.0.40 & ran it & it would not install. Then recently I downloaded ran 11.0.41 & it would not install. I’ve been an engineer for many years. In addition to being a musician (which I sometimes find questionable) since I was a kid. I’ve built 20 or 30 computers, installed thousands of patches on UNIX, LINUX, Windows, OSX, DOS & a couple of OS most people have never heard of. I SHOULD know what I’m doing by now. But I wonder. As you know, “normally” it’s pretty straight forward installing updates or patches etc, but sometimes there are things or a thing that must be done first. Or there’s a secret handshake or a dance or something that is kept on the down low. I must be the weakest link here. If I just read back what I’m writing, I’m suspicious of my OWN accounting. How can I NOT be able to get any of three updates to install? I’ve tried a lot of times on each one too. I didn’t just go “click” oh, that didn’t work. I’m done. I pulled out all the stops & tried (embarrassingly) probably 8 or 9 times on the 11.0.41 update. Maybe I just don’t know how to click the mouse properly? Something is just not making it through the fog in my head.

I’m open to suggestions or advice. I’ve read all of the info on updates & readme files. I don’t mean to sound like I’m making excuses, but I must have learned a different definition of “instructions” than the “instructions” that come with the updates.

I must say that I have gotten some of the most helpful, complete & clearly written info & instructions from the replies to questions I’ve posted on this site though. I just hope somebody will read my rambling & they or you will just give me that missing bit I can’t seem to find. Do I need to close one eye when I click the mouse or stand on one foot or something. I am a leftmousian. Maybe I wouldn’t have the update dilemma if I didn’t use my left hand on the mouse? Maybe.

I’m sorry for rambling. I know you asked a simple question. I probably should have been able give you a clear answer in few than 50 words. I’m working on that part too.

Thank you for your patience, understanding & tolerance.

Hi,

Which version exactly do you have installed right now?

Are you in Mac or Windows?