Questions about the USB eLicenser and the Devices Connection

1. Do I need to “remove safety” my USB eLicenser device somehow in order to keep and protect it so I’ll be able to use it again?

2. How do I really know that my USB eLicenser is activated permanently?

3. How can I use my license in a digital way with/without the website , instead of plugging in the USB device license in a time I have to install the program?

4. Every time I open the Cubase 7.5 program and work in it, I can no longer hear the sounds that should come from the other opened programs - it happens to me with Website Browsers, Sibelius 7, WMP and etc - but expect the Cubase 7.5 program itself, which the sound in it works properly. and while this happens, I can record Audio channels only, What should I do?

5. How do I play the instruments plugins in the program with the keyboard? without the needing of a mouse.

6. How do I connect my electric piano to a MIDI channel output in the program?

Have a great weekend! :slight_smile: :wink:

1. No, it will need to be plugged in when the program is run

2&3) You use the elicencer utility to view that info, read more in https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/usb-elicensersteinberg-key-details-tips-and-troubleshooting/kb_back/2020.html

1. That is because the ASIO driver has taken over the soundcard, it cannot offer low latency and multiclient capabilities at the same time, you can install a multiclient ASIO filter or filter driver and make Sibelius work as an ASIO client at the same time as Cubase but not browsers and multimedia players (except third party ones such as Foobar 2000).

Remember that Cubase is a real time application and not just a normal userland app, it is best to minimise the use of other applications as much are you can when you are running Cubase, especially if you are using a computer with a built in video card that shares memory with the host CPU.

5&6) This is all explained in the manual and the quick start guide much better than I can do here, if you are unwilling to either read the Quick start guide or use search on the PDF manual you are not going to get far with the program, especially if you are a complete newbie.

I can tell by what you don’t know that you’re a new Cubase user. You really DO need to read the basic parts of the manual. We can point to the odd page for you but really not that much even if you are an experienced DAW user. Can be hairy for us old users sometimes too.
I think “Release background audio” or similar is on the Devices Setup page under the Devices menu. So that you can access sounds in other simultaneous programs.

+1

+1

5&6) All I can add is that assuming you know basic things about MIDI, you need a USB MIDI interface (even a single port one can do the job for you) and a MIDI cable. Connect the MIDI out of your Electric Piano to the MIDI in of your MIDI interface and activate it in the MIDI department under Devices (in case not already activated automatically). One other thing you need to make sure is that you need your electric piano to run in “LOCAL OFF” mode, so that you shouldn’t trigger the selected sound on your electric piano all the time (refer to you electric piano’s manual for that one.)

Good luck.