Questions: Boxed Text and Watermarking

1. Is there a way to input boxed text, for instance to label verse and chorus in a piece?

2. Is it possible to adjust the size of the watermark text? I’d like to have more text than the default allows.

Thanks!

The answer to the first question is “no”, though it’s planned. A workaround for now would be to put the text in its own text frame in Engrave mode, as text frames themselves can show a border.

The watermark text can be modified by going to Engrave > Font Styles and editing the ‘Print Watermark Font’.

Thanks, Daniel!

Is it me or does the “Weight” function when editing the ‘Print Watermark Font’ not work?

Is there a way to adjust the opacity of the watermark? It would be helpful if we could. It’s a little too light for what I’m trying to accomplish, namely, creating a score for preview with a darker watermark to encourage purchasing the watermark-less score.

The way that font styles are handled in Engrave > Font Styles has been overhauled ahead of the forthcoming update. However, you can’t currently change the opacity of the watermark, I’m afraid; I will make a note of this to make this possible in future.

I’d find that ability useful as well.