Questions by recent upgrader - MixConsole, Zooming etc.

Hi there!
I recently upgraded to Cubase 8 from ver 5 so quite a lot has changed…
Im on top of most of it so far but still have few issues. I was wondering if you guys could help me with the folloing:

1. How do I keep the master channel always visible on the right side of the mixconsole?

2. Is it possible to route/change a channel’s output from a channel edit view? You used to be able to, now I can only do it via the general mixconsole view.

3. Mixdowned channels imported back into the project seem about 3db lower then how they sound like before being exported. Why? (No effects or level change on master channel when exporting)

4. The zoom in and out controls on the arrangment view for both horizontal and vertical zooms (bottom right corner) and the timeline slide bars for going right/left/up/down have been reduced to a tiny, very fidely line and dot. its hard to reach them as a part of a quick workflow. is there a way to enlarge them?

5. Inserts, outputs and sends on the mixconsole have a tiny window display for reading what is actually inserted on the channel, or which output is uses etc. especially with most of them starting with the word stereo or mono, i cant see which devices or outputs im actually using. I tried zooming the channel width on console but at max width you still cant see the complete text. (also, are the console zoom options really only accesible through a menu for each single change? no slider to it a bit more intuitvly?)

I will probably have more issues in the future but these are the main ones i couldnt find an answer to on the manual and are interfiring with my workflow.

Thanks!!! :smiley:

Hi,

1. Open Zones tab on the left side of MixConsole, and enable the “right” blob for the Stereo Out. This Channel jumps to the right zone, and it will be always here.

2. I think, no. But I’m not siting infront of Cubase, right now.

3. Are you sure? Do you use any Compressor on your Stereo Out?

4. No. I would recommend you to use shortcuts “G”, “H” and “Shift+G”, “Shift+H”.

5. Use Zoom to resize it (the same shortucut, as it is in other windows: “G”, “H” and “Shift+G”, “Shift+H”.

Thank you Martin thats very helpful!

Anybody knows about quest no 2?

1. Is it possible to route/change a channel’s output from a channel edit view? You used to be able to, now I can only do it via the general mixconsole view.

Hi,

I’m in front of Cubase now, and I was wrong.

1. Yes, this is possible. Just click to the Output name in the upper part of the Channel Settings window, and select the wanted output. See attached screenshot, please.

2. Btw: I tested this, and the signal is exactly the same. I added TestGenerator, sine, -12dB. Export it, import back, and I have the same sine, -12dB.
    Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 18.03.12.png

Thanks again Martin will look at this when I’m back in front of my system.