Questions - eLicenser, Activation Manager, The Future, Confused!

Hello I’m sorry for posting this,
I have searched the forums and found countless threads about the license changing, and internet accounts etc. etc…

I’m wondering what to do, I don’t want to dwell on this too much.
But I am movimg away from civilazation I will not have internet, but will have electricity and computers…
What I need to do online will be on a laptop taken into town on occasion.

1. I have USB eLicenser with:
    Cubase Elements 11 (Upgraded to Cubase 12 with Steinberg Licensing)
    Cubase AI (Thats it just AI, not sure if this is all AI past and present or why)
    LoFi Piano (Got it free from an email)

2. My Steinberg account has a ton of licenses from (4) AI 4, to Elemnts 12.

I’ve read that our Cubase 12 products will deactive if not signed in for 30 days.
If this is the case I will have to pack up my PC that weighs over 70 LBS, yes it’s true.
And take it into town to activate my Elements 12 every 30 days, I’m not going to do that I promise.

My idea was to just use Elements 11 on my USB Dongle until I die, or it dies. or whatever.

So my questions are,
What license should I transfer to my Dongle?
And what are some of these licenses? (I have no idea about or why I have so many, maybe from products I’ve purchased in the past)

Software in my account:
Cubase AI UD from 10 and before
Cubase AI 4
Cubase AI 4
Cubase AI 4
Cubase Elements 11 (Upgraded to Cubase 12 with Steinberg Licensing) USB-eLicenser 001
LoFi Piano USB-eLicenser 001
Cubase AI USB-eLicenser 001
Cubase AI 4 Soft-eLicenser

So is the “Cubase AI” one for any AI, or just AI 11.

My plan is to just use Elements 11 for ever I guess. would be nice to use newer versions,
but not if I have to haul my stuff into town every month or when I want to use it.
Or should I just look elsewhere my DAW? so I can use laptop to purchase new software and install it on my big PC.

I feel like i’m being forced to have internet to do anything.

I hope this isn’t too much, but I want to deal with this and get it out of my head, thanks for any input.

Best get the info from the horses mouth.

Read: Steinberg Licensing: A New and Exciting Era Begins | Steinberg

Thank you for the link, it’s very appreciated. Exactly what I needed to read.

This answered all my questions, and it sounds like Steinberg is being very smart, and accommodating. All the hype and rants I read was very misleading. I’m not a fan of required/forced online accounts, but I like how they are doing it responsibly.

Thank you again for the link, it really clarifies the whole ordeal.

1 Like

So much for that idea. Seems like it deactivated itself like people were saying.

And now this, Hell I can’t use it with the internet connected, let alone without it.

If you’re using Cubase Elements on any other PCs, please update their Steinberg Activation Managers and try deactivating the active licenses. You should be able to use your licenses on up to 3 different devices simultaneously, with no time limit as said above. You can also deactivate as many times as needed.

If that doesn’t help, please contact Steinberg support if you’re not actually using Cubase on 3 computers. They’ll be able to restore your activations manually.

Have you performed any major hardware or software changes recently, such as a BIOS update?

I don’t think what’s going here. it deactivated itself, and I tried to reactivate it, and now this. So it’s using all 3 on 1 PC, or either that someone activated on their PC. but I doubt it. I was just using it yesterday.

I was however experimenting with some ASIO drivers and such, it was all on this 1 PC.

I’m having to use AI right now.

I just emailed support, and asked them to reset my activations.