questions installing 64 & 32 cubase and updating to 5.52

Hey all,

I just bought a new computer that is running windows 7 64 bit. I’m about to install cubase 5, and want install both 32 and 64 bit - due to a few plugins - as I don’t want to deal with stability issues from using a bridge.

Is there anything special I have to do to make sure both versions are independent of one another?

next, I have a few questions such as, do I have to run the update for 5.52 both for 32 and 64 bit?

Then I have hardware vst’s like the yamaha motif editor vst (for the motif xs) - do I need to install both 32 and 64 bit versions of that and the extensions?

And last, what about the FW driver for the yamaha motif 64 only i’d assume - but I might be wrong?

Both Cubase versions will install independently of each other.

The 5.5.2 update will prompt you for each version.

If you don’t want to deal with any bridging, then yes, you need to install the pertinent bit Yamaha drivers for each Cubase version. Make sure the right drivers are in the right vst folders.

Depending on the development of the FW driver and it’s backward compatibility, if it’s 64 bit, it of course should work fine for Cubase 64 and maybe 32 but you may have problems with 32.

Thanks Suprawill,

I will try that - i’ve got the question posted on motifator.com and hopefully someone will get back to me with regard to if I need to install both drivers - I’m just a little nervous to install both the 64 FW driver and the 32 driver - as I know that driver can be a little sensitive - and the last thing I want is problems coming from that lol :slight_smile:

Anyway I will post back with my progress - as I have a feeling more and more people will be doing what I am attempting in the weeks that follow with the new cubase being released.