Questions regarding expression maps

I’m trying to work with expression maps but it’s a little confusing to me. So here are some questions:

When recording several midi parts it records with no articulation. So when replaying a part of my project it keeps the last set expression. Since I sometimes forget to set articulations for all my parts it sometimes happens that I only realize my mistake when exporting and listening to the whole project.
Question: Is there a way to select a “default” articulation used when recording or automatically assign the articulation from the part of the track prior to recording position?

I’m using Shreddage 3 Stratus which has quite a few key switches. One is for articulations but there’s also another one for “slide on/off” which works with all sustained articulations. It is however unrelated. I need to switch “slide” on at some point and off after a note transition.
Question: Is it possible to have different “groups” of articulations that act independently from each other?
Question: The slide key switch is a latch. It is active as long as the slide key switch pressed and ends when released. However there’s no “note off” I can add to my articulation in the expression map. Is this just not possible?

Question: Is there a way to select a “default” articulation used when recording or automatically assign the articulation from the part of the track prior to recording position?

Not that I know of. Would be a nice feature though.

Question: Is it possible to have different “groups” of articulations that act independently from each other?

Yes, it takes a while to setup but is great once it’s done. I’ve attached an example of how to do this. My example has three groups, but hopefully you can look at it and reverse engineer it to fit your needs.

Question: The slide key switch is a latch. It is active as long as the slide key switch pressed and ends when released. However there’s no “note off” I can add to my articulation in the expression map. Is this just not possible?

In the bottom left hand corner of the expression maps setup window is a checkbox for “latch mode” try experimenting with that. It might solve your problem. Although you might not have an issue at all. I would try building the a simple map first that only triggers that feature and if it doesn’t work, then try fiddling around with latch mode.
Joshua Bell Solo Vln.expressionmap.zip (5.95 KB)