Quick controls and a simple question

Hello everyone. I’m new in the forum. I hope you can answer my simple question thanks. Is there any way to assign minimum and maximum values to quick controls or is there any way to do this in Cubase. Like Ableton (macros) and Logic Pro X (smart controls). Thanks

You can set directly a maximum value for each of them in the ‘Device setup’ window, ‘Remote Devices/Quick Controls’ entry.

Setting a minimum becomes more complicated… The best way would be to set it directly on the remote device involved. If this is not possible, then I’m afraid that you’ll have to use the Input Transformer (the button on the upper right of the track inspector, showing a broken arrow) as ‘Global’, as I guess that the minimum value should affect all the MIDI or Instrument tracks involved in your project, then activate and use one of the four modules available in here.

In example, if we want a minimal value of 32 for the CC7 (volume) controller, we can set the choosed module as following, using the ‘+’ button under each pane to add lines :

Upper pane
Type is _______________________________________ Equal _______________ Controller ___________ And
Value 1 / MIDI Controller No. ____________________ Equal ____________________ 7 ______________ And
value 2 / MIDI Controller value _______________ Less or equal ________________ 32

Lower pane
Value 2 _________________________________ Set to fixed value ______________ 32

Bottom of the window
Function : Transform

Should work without issue. Don’t forget to save your settings as a preset for quick recovering, if needed.

Since you’re here, Cubic, and OP may need to use this too.

How about inverting the values, ie.

I have a QC panner group. one for left, one for right. I would like to invert one of the controls so that I can push both faders up and respectively pan each control outwards… rather than having to move faders in opposite directions.

I would set things like this (still with the CC7 controller…) :

Upper pane
Type is _______________________________________ Equal _______________ Controller ___________ And
Value 1 / MIDI Controller No. ____________________ Equal ____________________ 7

Lower pane
Value 2 ______________________________________ Mirror ___________________ 64

Bottom of the window
Function : Transform

Seems to work, here : using my volume pedal, I get a 127 value when it is up and a 0 one when completely depressed. Just replace the MIDI controller No. with the one involved in the QC settings…

cubic13
Thanks brother. I think that Steinberg needs to update this feature.