What is the point of quick controls?
It seems that it acts like a “man in the middle” between the controller and the plugin
- A lot of plugins have midi learn
- Many hosts have “rightclick” -> midi learn
- Extra resources are allocated to this superfluous? function
- They are limited to 8 controls (which is not viable in this day and age)
- They “take over” 8 CCs of the controller (16 if you also map track qcs) which cannot
be used for anything else
They do not perform basic “control” functions like:
- Limit the range of the controlled value
- Lock controller cc to control (which can be controlled no matter where or what is
A good implementation would be:
- Map as many ccs via learn as you want.
- Pressing the “Quick controls” tab would bring up a menu/screen that shows all mapped controls with further options (like limiting range) etc.(the etc. could be adding modulation to the controls via individual/per contrtol lfos… use control X from audio channel 1 to modulate control Y on inst.
channel 2 etc.etc.etc. be creative
It seems that QCs do nothing special (nothing a most basic “right-click-learn midi cc” couldn’t do on its own - besides limiting this function to 8 controls)
Can someone please enlighten me with what the benefits of the quick controls over a
standard “rightclick learn cc” are - I am having troubles seeing them…
Thank you very much=)