Quick Controls Not Reacting..

Hi guys,

On Win7 64bit, Cubase 5.5.2

Using an AKAI LPD8 midi controller…

I want to use the Quick Controls. In Device setup, I can successfully perform the Learn function to assign Controller Slots 1-8 to my LPD8 (Cubase sees and reacts to the controller).

However, I go to a midi track in the Project Window, enable the Quick Controls window, assign to a parameter (for example, the filter in Monologue) to 1 of the 8 slots, but I can’t get the horizontal fader to react to my LPD8 movements.

Cubase is definitely seeing the LPD8 at the device setup stage, but then not seeing it after that.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Simon

I have the same issue with my Edirol PCR-500 controller.

Try going to >Preferences>Editing>Project & Mixer, make sure Sync Project and Mixer Selection is checked and click OK.

Return to your midi track and enable Quick Controls.

This works for me but I hate having “Sync Project and Mixer” activated so I have assigned a KB shortcut to engage when needed.

Not sure if this will work for you but you never know.

Good luck :slight_smile:

DB1

Hi,

That worked! Terrific.

Thanks dbombay1!

Hi,

The above fix did get my Akai controller to move Quick Control faders, but the Akai controller is behaving like a generic remote AND a Quick control.

For example,

The AKAI LPD8 knob1 is set to broadcast CC001.

In device setup/quick controls, I set controller 1 to Learn this CC001.

Cubase sees the AKAI CC001 and Learns the setting.

I make a midi track and set the first quick control slot to control Filter Cutoff in Monologue Synth, for example.

I can toggle that AKAI knob, see the Quick Control fader moving, and my Monolgue Filter Cutoff reacts.

However, I press Record. I sweep the AKAI knob. Press Stop. I go to look at the part I recorded.

Cubase has recorded CC001 (modulation) info, not Filter Cutoff info. I play the part, and there is no filter movement, only Modulation movement.

To sum up, Quick Controls are working correctly until I try to record some movement and play it back, at which point, they are only recording the CC number set up on the hardware. controller.

Anybody seen this behaviour?

Regards,

Simon