Quit unexpectedly when switching between midi tracks

Im a newbi, Mac osx 10.10.1/Cubase pro 8 (64) 8.0.5, Created a template with 11 audio tracks, 1 groove agent se4 instrument track, 1 halion sonic instrument track with 4 midi tracks with different instruments from halion sonic. When I switch between the instrument and midi tracks I get a cubase quit unexpectedly message. Switching between the audio tracks works fine. Help Please.

Hello,

It might help if you add your system specifications to your signature and also the model of the audio interface that you are using in case you have one.

Best regards,
GN

Great help, moderator. I got the same thing when clicking “show history” for midi edits.

I have windows 7 64 bit, cubase 8 pro 8.0.5 build 418 (64 bit) built on Dec 17 2014. RME HDSPe Aio, 64 gb memory.

I recently had the same problem.
It was a project with about 16 Instances of VSL Instruments, 1 Kontakt, and 2 Halion Sonic’s. At some point, when i switched tracks, C8 quit unexpected.
No idea what that was. After a restart it worked for a while, then the crashes returned.
I did look at the activity monitor and i saw an message, “video output does not repose” or similar.
It was a Cubase task. Maybe this helps.
The VST Performance was about 20%.

Regards,
Paul

Hello,

There is a known issue with VSL and the ASIO Guard which is going to be fixed on the next maintenance update.
The work around for the moment is to disable the ASIO-guard for those 3rd party plug-ins that are causing the crash.

Best regards,
GN