Quite a lot of bugs in 8.5

I have been working with WL8.5 for 2 hours now and went back to 8 because there are quite a lot of annoying bugs. :frowning:
Running win7 X64 win wl8.5 32bit.

Mastersection preset saving: in wl8 (and previous versions) when I saved a preset and made some chances in a plugin, I could simply press ā€˜saveā€™ and it was saved as the same file. In WL8.5 the save button will stay greyed out and I have to use ā€˜save asā€™.

Record dialog: I always use record what is played back (no rendering for me with analog gear but that is a different story). It works, but when I record again, it reverts back to the default input. This was not the case in WL8.

Metersettings in the recorddialog are still not saved and it will always revert to the default settings.

The GPK files are always stored in the same folder where the wav files are. No matter what map you select for these files, it will always save in the same map as the wav files. Iā€™m used to having a seperate map for these files.

I had 2 random crashes already. :confused:

All your findings seem to indicate that your settings are not saved. Maybe the location is write protected. Please make a check to verify this.

Hi PG, thanks for the fast answer.
Iā€™m afraid that that is not the case. :frowning:
I double checked it and there is no write protection or whatever.
Could it be that the 8 settings that I copied to the 8.5 map are causing it? Uncompatible in some way?

Just to make sure I reinstalled it with the ā€˜run as administartorā€™ option (even though iā€™m local admin already) and didnā€™t import settings from 8.0 and so it reverts to default settings.
Even then I canā€™t use the save button in the master section preset. Just ā€˜save asā€™ works.
Also the GPK files are stored in the map where the wav files are, no matter what map I select for them.

I simply canā€™t work with 8.5 this way, back to 8.0 untill there is a working solution.

Also the GPK files are stored in the map where the wav files are, no matter what map I select for them.

Are you sure this option is checked?
2014-06-13_15-01-52.png

OK, I must admit that you where right about this. So that works.
Still I find it strange that it doesnā€™t import that setting from 8.0.
But still the rest of the bugs is still there and the biggest one for me is the mastersection preset save button.

OK, I must admit that you where right about this. So that works.
Still I find it strange that it doesnā€™t import that setting from 8.0.

Hmm, strange indeed. The import is global.

But still the rest of the bugs is still there and the biggest one for me is the mastersection preset save button.

I will have to investigate, but this is rather minor, as ā€œsave asā€ works and do the same.

Yep, Iā€™ve noticed this too (popped by to mention this). Used to be able to just hit ā€˜saveā€™ again after some settings tweak. Now I have to use the ā€˜save asā€™ and save over the original master section preset.

Might be a minor bug, but Iā€™ll be returning to 8 because of it.