QWERTY Key command accident

Hi,
I have accidentally overwritten the input pitch command for the note G. I want to change it back to pressing G resulting in writing a G, but I can’t figure out how to do this exactly on the latest version of Dorico.

I’ve already deleted the key command that used the Qwerty input G, but now I still have to reconfigure the other key command.

My guess was that it should be done under ‘Input pitch’ Pitch parameter: [G] but when I do this and save the keycommand as per usual, Dorico now enters the note C when I press G on my Qwerty keyboard while in Note input mode. I’ve tried this a dozen times now to no success.

Any help?
Thanks in advance

If you find the keycommands_en.json file in your user-level Dorico application support folder, zip it up and attach it here, we should be able to make the repair easily enough.

Sounds good!
I took a quick (uneducated) look at it myself, but it seemed like the noteinputG was already set to [G], hope you can still help :).

keycommands_en.json.zip (4.2 KB)

That looks like the default keycommands_en.json file from within the Dorico application distribution. You need to find the one in your user-level Dorico application data folder.

You don’t say what version of Dorico you’re using, or whether you’re on Windows or macOS, so if you need help finding it, please provide that information.

Aah i could use some help finding that then! I’m on Dorico 4.2 on MacOS Monterey

In the Finder, go to /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 4, and you will find the keycommands_en.json file there.

Thanks. There we go:
keycommands_en.json.zip (923 Bytes)

Replace your version with this one, and you should be all set:

keycommands_en.json.zip (1.3 KB)

1 Like

You’re the best mr. Spreadbury. Thanks a lot! :smile:

1 Like