[R-13172]Waiting For Video Service - Currently Not Responsiv

A year after the OP’s question. Still no resolution.

I have no aggregate audio devices, and I moved the Quicktime extension as advised, still no video on both my Macs running OS X 10.10.5 and Cubase 8.0.30

Come on guys.

I just got a new Mac Pro (2013) and did a fresh install of OS X 10.10.5 and Cubase 8.0.30. The “waiting for video service…” issue is not present. And this fresh install has Protools 12 which defines an aggregate audio device by default. So the aggregate device is not the issue.

I would still like to resolve this, because my laptop, a 2012 retina 15", has this issue, and I do not want to have to do a fresh install - too many plugins to reinstall. Although, I suppose it could be one of the plugins that’s causing the issue.

I reported this issue to support about a month ago, have not had any response other than “we’re looking into it…”

Still in 8.5

Please report if this has been fixed in 8.5. Thanks.

Confirmed - still happening in 8.5.0. Had it come up after closing a big session that had been open all day.

Same problem still happening here. As audio to video is 80% of my business I am having to use DP8 instead. Bit poop really Steinberg as it was fine until 8.5

I just had this happen when LAUNCHING Cubase. That’s a first. The problem is getting worse, not better. Unacceptable.

On Cubase Pro 8.5.10 64-bit, OS X 10.11.3.

Like I wrote in this post, the videoengine component of Cubase needs to be removed from the application, which then works fine (well, better…) If you write to picture, using a dedicated video playback software synchronised via MTC is easier than changing DAWs IMHO, until this problem is fixed. We sadly have to live with that. A guy from Steinberg informed me that the whole video component of Cubase needs to be rewritten, but he couldn’t give a time frame.

Let’s hope they are rewriting it using Intel QuickSync… I hate unused silicon in my machine… :slight_smile: